First, let’s look at the answer for the first part of the question – What Is This Faith?
- We believe in God.
- We believe in the God of the Bible.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word.
- We believe God Created the universe and everything in it.
- We believe God is actively involved in the universe and everything in it.
- We believe God is more powerful than anything He Created.
- We believe God has spoken to the people of the world through prophets and His Son.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Brightness of His Father’s Glory and the Express Image of His Father’s Person.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was born miraculously to a virgin.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Promised Messiah of Israel.
- We believe that Jesus Christ purged our sins by dying for us on the Cross in Israel 20 centuries ago.
- We believe that Jesus Christ rose from the grave and sat down at the Right Hand of the Majesty on High.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the King of kings and Lord of lords and Rules over His Body, the Church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return for His Body, the Church, and they will be with Him forever wherever He goes.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will destroy the armies of the world and rule on earth for a thousand years.
- We believe that the dead, small and great, will stand before God and that Jesus Christ will Judge them according to their works.
- We believe that anyone not found written in the Book of Life will be cast into the lake of fire.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will destroy heaven and earth and Create a new heaven, a new earth and a New Jerusalem.
- We believe that God will wipe away every tear from the eyes of those who live with Him in eternity and that they will never again experience death, sorrow, crying, nor pain.
- We believe that Heaven and Eternal Life will be the most amazing experience of our life – the best part being that we will be with God forever!
The next part of the question is the defense of this Faith. Jesus defended the Faith with His Life. The Apostles defended the Faith with their lives. Tens of thousands of Christians of the early Church defended the Faith with their lives. Millions of Christians around the world today are defending the Faith with their lives. It is God’s Will that we defend the Faith with our lives. Why? Because the Christian Faith is worth defending.
People defend themselves – they defend their honor – they defend their families – they defend their possessions – they defend their property – they defend the innocent – they defend the weak – they defend their country. What is greater than any of these? The Faith Jesus Christ gave us through His Great Sacrifice. That is worth defending. That is why we prepare ourselves to give an answer (apologia – defense) for the hope that is in us (1 Peter 3:15). We prepare for so many other things in life – dinner, work, getting together with family and friends, vacations – shouldn’t we prepare for something even greater than these things? That’s the defense of the Christian Faith.
Does this stir something inside of you? Excellent! That means you’re listening to God. He has made His Will clear to us. Everything God says to His children in His Word is that nothing is more important than defending the Faith. Listen to what He says about those who give their lives in defense of the Faith –
“And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again. Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.” Hebrews 11:32-40.
Do you want to live a life that pleases God? Do you want your life to count for something really special? Something eternal? Then prepare to defend the Faith!
In Christ’s Love and Grace,
“Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”